Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Camera Fever

As most people may know, it can be pretty necessary for a journalist to own a decent camera. As an aspiring journalist, I would like to also own one as well. It also just seems to be a good investment to begin with whether you are a journalist or not.
For having very little photography experience, I am having a pretty hard time deciding what kind of camera I want. On a small budget, I have found a couple.


Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera

Ranging from about 4 to 500 dollars, this 14.2 Megapixel seems to be not too bad of a deal. 
I have found this camera to be talked about a lot on blogs and in articles for 
beginning photography. I am considering this camera as I would like something that 
will last me a long time. 

Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1MP
Of course if I put a Nikon in here, I must mention a Canon. This camera is a 
little cheaper ranging from 3 to 400 dollars on most websites. Although this
 camera is only 10.1 Megapixel, I find it to be a bit more attractive than the Nikon.
 I am also not too concerned with megapixels since I do not see myself doing large prints of pictures. 

I am still looking and deciding on what camera to get to start out with. 
I simply just want something sturdy, considerably cheap, and can take a good picture. 
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?